October Newsletter

Welcome to a new VKG year. I wish to thank the nominating committee who worked hard to put together the executive for the year. I know from past experience that it is not an easy task. I am grateful for those who agreed to work with me on the executive. We will strive to make it a great year.
We are already over a month into the new VKG year. The year is off to an encouraging beginning with good attendance at the meetings and a growing membership. The first event was the Saanich Fair, which was enjoyed by those who were able to participate. At our other meeting for the month of September at St Aidan’s, we were privileged to have Vernice Shostal as a guest. Vernice is in the process of writing an article for Senior Living Magazine. We will give you notice when we know when it is to be published. I am sure you won't want to miss it.
On the evening of September 16th, the executive held an appreciation potluck dinner in honour of past executive members Jeanne Kirk, Mary Kozicki, and Val Kolsun. I am certain everyone appreciates what they have done for our guild.
Let’s all work together to make this a great year.

Marjory MacDuff