January 2009

Happy New Year knitters and I’m sure you’ve all managed (between eating turkey and chocolates) to get lots of knitting done these last few weeks being housebound with the mounds of snow we have had – and (horrors) even more to come!!!
I guess some of you may enjoy it and even be out frolicking in it but I would prefer if it stayed on the mountains. My excuse for not doing any of my keep fit exercises is that I’ve done more than enough of shoveling snow.
I’m looking forward to seeing all of you on Wednesday January 7, 2009 and please bring all your show and tell items. We’ll be doing show and tell every first Wednesday of the month rather than On The Needles. We all tend to wander round and chat to everyone at the meetings and find out what they are doing and so we thought we’d encourage all of you to bring your final finished items telling us any problems you had with it, the yarn used etc etc.
Sounds as if the New Year could be off to a good knitting start with all the sales at the various yarn shops so I’d be interested to see what purchases you’ve made. I’m trying to refrain from buying any more yarn and using up some of my stash – I even made a jacket last week (yes I finished it in a week and my couch has a permanent imprint of my btm to prove it!) from experimenting with yarn from my stash.
Joyce is preparing an exciting 2009 for us with various workshops. She’s finalizing details to get
Betsy Hershberg here to give us two three hour workshops the end of February.
Also Mary will be giving us more information re her UFO contest.
We’re also hoping to have lots of items to go in the Saanich Fair so keep on knitting.
Happy knitting. Jeanne